Monday 8 August 2011

An update


At last I have something to show you all in the Gift Gallery.   I wasn't happy with all the white furniture (I thought shabby was the way to go with this initially but it doesn't come naturally to me and at first I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get to grips with this room - now I know.   Stick to what you know best!).   The changes aren't probably that obvious at first glance but I've moved things around and stripped the corner cupboard of the white paint and waxed it.   I'm much happier with it now.   I've also changed the contents of the cupboard. Since this picture was taken I've also filled the little stand with cards. I'm still not sure about the pedestal with the white flowers though. They may move and I'd like to get something to put in the centre of this room. Everything's round the sides at the moment.


I've changed some pictures around in this room but unfortunately I can't do anything about the white shelving on the right hand wall. I shouldn't have glue-ed it on! I'm just going to live with it though as it's not that offensive.

The smaller of the two rooms has had the "stock" moved around and repositioned. For some reason I feel more comfortable with this room. Maybe I need more stock for the other one.


Other progress I've made with this property is to the living quarters "above the shop". These consist of a lounge and a bedroom. They're very bare at the moment as I'm looking for accessories and there's a fair not too far away at the end of August which should take care of that. I have to say, I can see myself sitting in this little room!

I still need to fix on the door frame and I've been looking for a television I like, but nothing's presented itself yet.


Finally, the bedroom. Again accessories are need in this room and I've a lamp I'd like to fit either here or in the room next door. I'm pleased with the way this is looking and I love the dressing gown on the hook!

As soon as I'm completely happy with this I'll post pictures showing more detail.


10 comments:

  1. It's lovely Irene and your bed looks wonderful in place. I love the dressing gown :0)
    Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your second photo, I think the white shelf is not a problem. I like the bedroom very much.
    I won't forget my umbrella to go to Glasgow, I had a llok at the weather forecast and it doesn't look that good. Well, never mind...
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its looking gorgeous everything looks great together.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Irene its looking lovely. If you feel the white shelves are too stark what about decoupaging some wallpaper (or any small print paper) either on the sides or on the inside of it?
    Are you going to Falkirk? I'll probably take a run out as its been a while, also combining a family visit to Leicester with a trip to Miniatura :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Irene, Everything thing looks great. I love the waxed look of the cabinet. And I am in love with the sleigh bed. Gorgeous... Mini hugs and blessings, LJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Irene, I find that the decision to add colored light walnut furniture, the white does stand out more, and moves the scene.
    My favorite room (for now) is the bedroom :-)
    Mini hugs, Flora

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've got some wonderful furnishings in your living quarters - I could move in there myself! The dressing gown is a perfect touch.

    It's rather funny that 'you' live above a gift shop and can't find the right accessories for your flat. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your nice comments everyone.

    Jackie - thanks for the tip on how to alter my white shelving. I'll have a look at that possibility and yes, I'm going to Falkirk AND Miniatura.

    Christine - Do you know, that never occured to me! How silly is that? I still have to buy more stuff though but I may nip downstairs to the shop and have a good old rummage!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Irene,everything looks beautiful now and very cozy. I love the table on the right side in the second photo. Only the white flowers in the shop stick out to much.Flowers in the entrance are always a nice welcome of a shop,but perhaps you have something in red or a houseplant? Hugs,Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jeanette - thanks for your nice comment and I agree with you entirely regarding the white flowers, they're a bit "in your face!". I'll be at a fair shortly and I like the idea of a leafy houseplant so I'll be searching for one of those. Thanks again for that.

    ReplyDelete

blogger templates | Make Money Online